Wednesday 16 May 2012

Rules are rules.....

Trying to run in completely new way is not an easy task.  There’s only so much ‘running’ you can do in your house and as I live in a Wendy House I can go from the front of the house to the back in about 6 strides.  I've been trying to run in a barefoot style with normal running shoes on but I'm not sure if this helps or hinders.
If I get the chance I try to run in socks on the treadmill as this gives me the opportunity to try barefoot running without worrying about treading on glass, sharp objects or dog poo as the local park seems to be the canine toilet of choice.
This morning I was shuffling along on the treadmill in my socks only to be told off by the gym staff that what I was doing was a health & safety issue and I had to stop.  Initially I thought that my immense weight must be causing earth tremors as a foot hit the ground, but no,  apparently running in socks cannot be done.  It seems that the socks could be trapped between the moving belt and the fixed side runners so I had to stop....clearly laces wouldnt do this eh ?  Ah well, rules are rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment